So ... as I'm sitting at my desk, hand free set pressed to my ear, making notes, researching information, and all the while the customer who wants me to know how rich he is, is swearing at me calling me a liar, a customer whom I have never talked to before in my life, and have not yet since I answered the phone offered information to or have gotten in a single word to ... other than my name.
His words are making my ears want to bleed and I'm stop staring at the screen and I stare at the pen in my hand and think, if I jab this in both ears ... I will never ever have to hear such disgusting trash again. And for a few moments I am seriously considering this ... doing bodily harm to myself just to avoid the phone, to avoid having to ask another person on the end of the line ... "How may i be of service? Or how can I help you?"
And why? Well because quitting is for pussies.
But anyway the moment passes and I no longer want to harm myself but I want to yell back at this jerk of a customer so bad that I'm clenching my jaw until it hurts ... and I'm thinking this is crazy ... I'm taking this crap for a company that I don't even work for, (my company contracts to them) and whose services I don't subscribe to ... I don't even know what the customer's complaint is because he's spent the last 30 minutes of what in my company's policy is only supposed to be a 12 min call insulting me.
So why am I doing this? Because it's a job, I remind myself. And because there are people out there who want jobs and can't get one and so I'm should be thankful. And I tell myself this every night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment