Thursday, December 14, 2006

BRAIN FRY/ SKULL MELTDOWN

Well it's official,

I am in danger of the new job sucking out
the few brain cells I have left in my skull.

I'm not sure how it happened, but nothing
seems to work like it does in training.
And I've yet to come across a single problem
we went over in training.

I don't know. My last job, everything we were
taught we applied. I mean odd situations came up
but I felt better equipped, and more able to deal
with the unplanned, WTF situations then, than I do now.

Maybe it's from having been out of the job market for
so long.

Maybe it's trying to get what's solely been a writer's brain,
for four years to function in a solely technical aspect. Trying to
shut off for 7-8 hours a day the part of me that's had 24 hour reign.

Or maybe I'm just not as smart as I think I am.

Nah ... I'm brilliant.

Work is stupid. Ugh.

Ah well, we'll see. What doesn't kill us, right?

It's days like these I wish I were a normal person.

No comments: