| ||||||||||||||||||
CHILDHOOD DREAM
Okay, so maybe it's just me.
But when I was about twelve, one of things on
my list of "Things I'd like to be when I grow up"
was a Hit Man for the Government.
It was a phase that didn't last long and had been
brought on by childhood traumas, I shall forgo
mentioning in detail, in this particular post.
But for a while, I can remember the dream of being a
government assassin, had become a burning
passion. I think it was the possibility of living an existence
without feeling that drew my fascination.
ESCAPISM
I surmised that to be able to just take out a random
stranger for pay, one would have to be devoid of almost
all emotion. And for a long period during my childhood
and my early twenties this was a constant want. To exist
beyond emotion. To not be touched by outer or inner influences.
Escaping Pain.
The irony is, it was my addiction to pleasure that kept
me from shutting down emotionally.

No comments:
Post a Comment