So my new job... And I have no idea what I am anymore, in my latest chosen career and profession.
Because I was a CSR and then suddenly I became a USR slash N Support slash an Agent in the (get this) PP Department.
So now I'm not USR or CSR I'm CCR and I haven't even completed training yet and the Titles just keep changing.
So it's all very confidential and secret (which surprised the heck out of me) and I have fifty-leven million versions of some type of messenger or chat on my computer. A ridiculous number of emails and user names. I have so many ID numbers and Id names that I have no idea what my REAL name is any more or how to spell it. In fact I may no longer have a real name. I may just live out the rest of my life as Agent--plus a #.
I have so many passwords, for work as well as my own personal passwords for my own computer, emails, websites, blogs, banking, etc... that I'm beginning to feel like I work for National Security and no one has the heart to tell me the truth.
I thought I had mastered the art of multi-tasking and working and navigating through many windows or web pages, at once, for research or what have you. I have learned a nasty lesson in you don't know jack scat.
So just like any job, all my superiors have a different idea of how I, the peon, should do my job and therefore I'm being trained in the most contradictory manner possible. And being trained in several completely different methods for resolving issues and handling protocol.
My emails numbers in the hundreds daily by early morning and before Logging into work ... I'm to sift through this pile'o (stuff) and determine what's relevant to me ... unfortunately to do that I must open each piece'o (stuff) and read at least a few lines.
And somehow in between fielding calls, I must, while speaking to the the irate on the phone, sift through numerous web pages, company forms, and keep atop of email lest something urgent I must know be posted there rather than on the web pages' tickers and I miss it.
It's all been very interesting. Amusing--if sometimes confusing and a little irritating.
And if I don't hurl my training computer at my Stupervisor and put my fist through the monitor after being locked out of the training simulator for the tenth tie because systems are down ... I just might stick with it.
Kiss me quick,
Claudia

"Who's ya daddy, now?"

No comments:
Post a Comment