Well I've been busy.
Doing what you might ask?
And I would answer (blushing, and yes we folk of color do blush) Reading P*rn. Well not just P*rn. Erotica too. Visiting sites with Erotic and P*rn art. And sifting through the tons of it on the Internet and I ...
I have seen the dark side and it is scary.
I've been researching ... comparing my work to others and discovering what people are reading and asking for. What works and what doesn't ... and there is so much out there ...
P*rn and Erotica for women. P*rn and Erotica for men. P*rn and Erotica for Lesbians and Gay men. She-males. Transsexuals. Intersexuals. The list goes on.
And then there's Kink. Fetish. And a whole list of stuff under those subgroups.
And I'm sorry but I don't think BDSM and D/s should be classified under Kink or fetish. Not if it's a way of life for a whole group of people, hetero or otherwise.
Seems to me the only people who think of it as kink are the people who either abhor the lifestyles or are intrigued and yet ashamed of it.
But Kink well I guess it's all relative ...
I mean if you like your nipples or balls slammed repeatedly in the dresser drawer and that turns you on and gets you off than that's kink or just really sick. I can't tell any more my mind is swimming with naked writhing bodies.
But anyway, I try not judge what other people get off on at least in the writing and or the reading of fiction. And some of what I've read or the art work I've seen has been down right frighteningly and vicariously violent.
I didn't think much could disturb me but I found it. And I appreciated the pieces of art or written words that could disturb me so. Not just because of the theme or themes which were disturbing in themselves but the presentation ... the ability to put me there in the moment and make me squirm from the unpleasantness through carefully constructed prose or from the skillfully crafted imagery—to shove my comfort zone in my face and say this is what really lies beyond ...
That takes talent ... Because anyone can Write or attempt to Draw or Paint filth and you simply flip away. Back out of the page and Or shut the book.
If a reader or viewer isn't the sort to get off on those particular dark themes and subjects ...
Only talent can leave a person holding a heaving stomach and keep the eyes glued to the screen with that 'I am staring at a stranger's gangrenous limb and I shouldn't be' feeling. Not aroused but compelled to see the end even though the reader or viewer just wants to smash the off switch on his or her CPU.
And the reader or viewer feels violated and raked over by the time he/she has gotten to the end or has seen every picture.
I didn't dash off nasty notes to the authors or the artists ... Why? Because it was my choice to read ... or look at the art work ... And I can choose to read no more. I don't have to go back to those sites ... I don't have to pitch a fuss or a stink about them unless of course their posting (K P*rn and exploiting C*dren) then you bet your ass I'm going to complain right to the police ...
But as for the other stuff ... I have no complaints ... freedom of expression is exactly that ... You are free to express yourself ... as long as those expressions do not cause me are anyone else harm.
And as for people who argue that someone might see the kind of violence, that I've come across the past week, and might decide to act it out ... Bullsh*t.
From the beginning of time of people have done all kinds of stupid and twisted Sh*t and refused to take the blame for their actions ... Case in point ... if you believe in the Bible ... Who did Adam blame his downfall on? Who did Eve blame her downfall on?
It's really easy to cast blame for the things we do on outside influences ... And there's no better influence for our evil deeds than our society.
Which is run by a bunch of hate-promoting secretly perverted outwardly repressed stiff-shirt war-mongering money grubbing bigots with sticks shoved so far up their asses they serve as each other's puppets.
Anyhoo ... did that sound bitter? Sorry.
Our society rather than take the blame for its failings, prepares plenty of scape goats for crime and the misdeeds of our youth. Folks are running around waving the banners "Kids are violent because of TV and Internet. Kids are promiscuous because of TV and Internet."
What I don't get is if and the Internet and TV are the problem and these banner waving, Sour-mouthed righteous individuals love their kids so much ... instead of bitching and groaning and trying to get the government to babysit their evil little seeds ... why not shut the TV off? Monitor what their kids are watching, the books they are reading, and the games they are playing ... Put parental blocks on the Internet.
Don't use the government to control ME and what I read, write, watch, see or listen to.
Don't try to control me because you're too F**king weak to take care of your own.
Don't come into my house or my bedroom and try to take over you maniacal egotistical lazy ass sorry excuses for weak Americans who will also spout in the next breath that our country is founded on freedom.
I AM NOT YOUR KID.
My parents taught me the difference between what is real and fake on TV.
What the hell's wrong with your children?
I didn't agree with everything my father did, but my father wasn't afraid to turn the TV off when he felt we were watching too much of it. He would send us kids outside to play no matter how we mumbled and grumbled.
I was a horror movie fanatic, and according to my mom, from the time I could hold my head upright.
And you know what ... my Mom never had to be concerned that I was gonna suddenly go all CHAINSAW MASSACRE on some one's ass.
And to this day I still don't feel an urge to suddenly don a ski mask and wield machete.
But I do get an itch to pop a few folks upside the head every time I hear about book banning or talks about my Government trying to control me through Censorship.

No comments:
Post a Comment