Anyway we were talking about the supernatural and Dreams, disembodied voices and Ouija boards. So I recognized the presence that was with me the last night I ever touched a Ouija Board.
Not the voice ... just the feel of the presence and something about the undertone of amusement in the presence's voice.
The first Occurrence for me actually being aware and seeing was College. I was having a hell of a time, going through ups and downs as college students tend to do. So I had taken this Weight Training Class. I hoped it would make me feel more confident. I was shy ... a bit of introvert --- now my close friends kindly label it eccentric. Anyway I didn't have a spotter ... too shy to ask anyone to partner with me.
So I was doing the squat thrusts (Minds out of the gutter) Anyway I had managed to work my way to 175 lbs. And I had on my weight belt and everything but still not a good idea to work out without a spotter -- never really a good idea. But I was in my own world ... I went down for the squat and started to rise ... I could actually feel the muscles in my arms legs and back tearing and burning.
I put myself in a world of hurt. I was embarrassed and felt humiliated. I didn't scream... I just kind of grunted, gave some lame excuse about pulling a muscle in my thigh and got the muchly deserved lecture about lifting weights sans spotter. I hated having people's attention on me. But God I hurt.
I didn't want the coach to know I'd hurt myself worse than I'd let on, so while no one was looking I crawled into the shower room and hid in there until the coast was clear. Horrible mistake -- I should have immediately sought medical attention.
It took me an hour to walk from the gym to the infirmary across that small private Christian college.
I had done what I'd thought I'd done ... tore several muscles, arms, back and legs. It was horrible. It was horrible. I had major projects due in classes and couldn't miss them. The weekend came and I couldn't even stand the notion of climbing into a car for my folks to drive me home. So I made up some excuse to stay on campus. By then I was barley walking. I looked like a cardboard cut out.
Friday night and I'm in the bed and I hurt so bad that I couldn't reach the covers and pull them up around me. The air conditioner on my muscles felt like I was being tortured. I'd misplaced my pain pills and I remember eventually crying myself into an exhausted but fitful sleep. Again too damn introverted to ask for help ... I felt too small to be worth any one's attention.
I remember waking up groaning because of the cold ... and trying to get the covers up around me ... when my door just breezed open. A woman glided in dark-haired. I can't even remember her face but I remember thinking she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. She was smiling ... her eyes actually sparkling with amusement. She grabbed a soda from the mini fridge ... and kicked around my pants on the floor until she'd uncovered my meds where I'd dropped them and buried them beneath dirty clothes.
She sat on the bed, helped me sit up, gave me something to drink and one of my pills and then sat the meds beside the beds. She pushed me gently on the bed and kissed my forehead chuckling as she pulled the covers up around me. I couldn't say anything ... all I could do was stare ... and I was so grateful someone was helping me that it didn't occur to me wonder who the woman was or how she'd gotten through a locked door.
"Silly girl," she finally spoke. "What am I gonna do with you?" She kissed me again. Sat with me until I fell asleep.
For weeks I looked for that woman. I even asked my dorm mother about it ... she just kind of looked at me like I was crazy and not with a little alarm that there might be some strange woman possibly with a master key, just letting herself into student's dorm rooms.
Sheesh, she wanted to report it and everything ... but I convinced it her that it was probably just a friend and that I'd forgotten I'd given her a key to check on me. A lie but gosh ... I hadn't realize she'd make such a big deal out it.
Anyway that was the first encounter with the presence ... before the Ouija Board.
Tell you about the second another time.

No comments:
Post a Comment